Action for something that did not happen as scheduled

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:27 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Action for something that did not happen as scheduled

Well you might consider using Geohopper. You can create a Geo Fence around your house, and when you LEAVE, as a condition, it can check to see if you've hid the "D" key(or check to see if some of the actions hitting the "D" key causes has occurred", and if they have, do nothing, and if they haven't, execute the group.

When I depart, I do my own version of your "D" key, and part of the action is to arm the security system to the AWAY mode. When my phone crosses the Geofence(usually just a few blocks from home), if the alarm is in AWAY mode, nothing happens... and if it is NOT in the AWAY mode, the same Action Group executes as if I were home pushing my "D" button.

You can also use GeoFence to trigger stuff as you Arrive home. In my case, about a block away, A/C on Lights On, Ceiling Fans On... Alarm Off.....ect...

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Geohopper sounds very interesting, but I do not see it for sale anywhere. Where did you get it?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 pm
howartp offline

GeoHopper, GeoFancy and GeoFency are all apps on the AppStore.

You can use them with the Beacon plugin (and iBeacons instead of geofences if you wish).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:55 am
johnpolasek offline

howartp wrote:
You can use them with the Beacon plugin (and iBeacons instead of geofences if you wish).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can attest that the rPis and PiBeacons work pretty well with tiles and android phones and pretty much every other BLE device other than the IPhone; At my house, I have my FItbit, my brother has a tile, a friend who acts as our dogfeeder and caretaker when we're gone has a Galaxy; any time any of those beacons change, I have a trigger that runs an action consisting of a script that counts the valid beacons that are not expired, and if the count is 0, sets an AlarmState variable to "Armed" and if it's Greater than 0, sets it to "Disarmed" All the motion sensors door sensors have triggers that send an alert if the condition of the variable is equal to Armed. With 2 rPis, the beacons are detected pretty much any time one of them gets within about 10 to 15 yards of the house, and they expire 2 minutes after they leave. The problem with the IPhones is that for security purposes they continually change their identity, and unless they are linked with an application, they quit broadcasting beacon signals after a few minutes.