Schedule executing at the wrong time

Posted on
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:25 am
jroach offline

Re: Schedule executing at the wrong time

Still working well as of this AM.

Considering this closed but uncertain of the cause. Even if it was using the wrong DB that doesn't explain why I would make changes that they wouldn't work.

I'm wondering if my MAC has an issue.

Oh well. Thanks to both of you for your help.

Posted on
Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the follow-up. This one definitely had me perplexed. We'll hope it doesn't happen again. :twisted:

Posted on
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:08 pm
jroach offline

Spoke too soon.
After DST (around 2:30am) I noticed that the Front Porch lights were off when they should have been on.
I've attached an excerpt from the event log. Prior issue was a schedule executing at a random time. This time in the log it shows the lights outside updated ON then a few seconds later updated OFF.

I'm assuming that without a schedule/trigger/event visible in the event log that somebody manually turned off the lights or I have another program (Alexa or Hue??) sending a conflicting command. I'll dig into both of those systems to see if I set something up in the past and forgot to disable.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.47.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.47.46 AM.png (98.01 KiB) Viewed 1820 times

Posted on
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:14 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jroach wrote:
Spoke too soon.
After DST (around 2:30am) I noticed that the Front Porch lights were off when they should have been on.
I've attached an excerpt from the event log. Prior issue was a schedule executing at a random time. This time in the log it shows the lights outside updated ON then a few seconds later updated OFF.

I'm assuming that without a schedule/trigger/event visible in the event log that somebody manually turned off the lights or I have another program (Alexa or Hue??) sending a conflicting command. I'll dig into both of those systems to see if I set something up in the past and forgot to disable.

Does anything in your schedule kickoff a Hue Scene that might also be kicked off by the Hue or Alexa processes you're looking into ?

Posted on
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:58 pm
jroach offline

Ryan, good question. I don't have any routines setup in Alexa or Hue the were triggers to an Indigo routine. All of the routines were self contained in that environment (at least I think so:)

Last night and this AM, all things went well. I might have been dealing with two issues: One with my Indigo DB/Mac and the other with a mental loss of knowing I had set-up another routine. Both having the same effect/symptom. The reason I feel that I had an Indigo DB issue is the event log showing that scheduled events were happening at the wrong time or duplicated.

Do you think I could be having a HW issue with the Mac...maybe it's losing its TOD capabilities. In the past there use to be a little battery that keep NVRAM alive. I can't image that this is a current practice bu the mini Mac I'm using is 7YO.

Posted on
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:00 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jroach wrote:
Ryan, good question. I don't have any routines setup in Alexa or Hue the were triggers to an Indigo routine. All of the routines were self contained in that environment (at least I think so:)

Last night and this AM, all things went well. I might have been dealing with two issues: One with my Indigo DB/Mac and the other with a mental loss of knowing I had set-up another routine. Both having the same effect/symptom. The reason I feel that I had an Indigo DB issue is the event log showing that scheduled events were happening at the wrong time or duplicated.

Do you think I could be having a HW issue with the Mac...maybe it's losing its TOD capabilities. In the past there use to be a little battery that keep NVRAM alive. I can't image that this is a current practice bu the mini Mac I'm using is 7YO.

I think Matt's theory is more likely that there is another account on the Mac. Have you tried logging out of the Mac and rebooting?

Posted on
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:40 pm
jroach offline

yes, logged out, shut down, double checked that the start items, and still had the problem. It wasn't until I deleted the old 7.5 DB that it stopped.