scheduled event at sunset: hue fireworks

Posted on
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 pm
jroach offline

scheduled event at sunset: hue fireworks

I want to setup a scheduled event at sunset each day such that it:

- Stops Spotify (at 1 minute before sunset)
- audio announcement
- plays a specific audio clip
- Hue fireworks or some hue routine
- goes back to what it was playing before (ie: Spotify)

I have believe I can use "schedule" with a -1 value for sunset to start the routine. I understand how to setup the audio file but what I haven't figured out is::
- how to stop Spotify, play an audio file, then return to Spotify. I have to hijack airplay or airfoil to get this to work
- and then how to kickoff a Hue routine (like fireworks)

Thoughts appreciated

Posted on
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:17 am
jltnol offline

Re: scheduled event at sunset: hue fireworks

Can't help with much of this since I don't use Spotify, but for the Hue Fireworks, you'll need to create an Action Group that does with Hue what you want, and then include that into your schedule.

Posted on
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:56 pm
jroach offline

jltnol, thanks. I hadn't thought of that.

I downloaded Hue Essentials to see if I can create a scene. The pull down only had "color loop".

I might be able to make the audio part work by pointing to that file if I upload to my local spotify account.

Posted on
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 pm
jltnol offline

So I can tell you that Indigo isn't so great at designing light shows. I had a bunch of strip LED's I was using, so created an Action Group that changed the colors every so many seconds, and then had to create a repeating schedule so when the Action Group was finished, it would repeat. THEN I had to create a timed schedule to enable my repeating schedule to run at a certain time of day. While it wasn't pretty, it did work.

Page 1 of 1