Sunset & sunsire wrong for Amsterdam, Netherlands

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 am
palantir offline

Sunset & sunsire wrong for Amsterdam, Netherlands

This morning, I noticed that my sunset & sunrise times as reported by Indigo7 are wrong.

I'm in Amsterdam (52.370N / 4.895W). Sunrise is showing as 7:37am and sunset as 7:19pm. However, according to the weather channel, these should be 6:59am and 6:41pm. I noticed as the lights were still on yet the sun was clearly visible already (and nice and warm after a long time! :D ).

I am using the "Override system location" option to enter latitude and longitude. I have used the link on the Sunset & Sunrise preference page to lookup these. I have also looked up my coordinated on Google Maps so am fairly certain that they are correct as is.

I first was suspecting this having to do with USA going to DST last weekend, but that would have caused an 1 hour deviation, no 38 minutes. So, I am a little lost by now.

Any thoughts, anyone? Could any of the Dutch users check their values and report them here?

Many thanks,
Ronald

Posted on
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:12 am
Woetjes offline

Re: Sunset & sunsire wrong for Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi Ronald,

I'm living in Belgium and it's working here.
Make sure you've selected the East button for the Longitude instead of West.

If I look up your location, you should have:
52.370748 North
4.886813 East

Posted on
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:15 am
palantir offline

:oops: Oops... :shock:

Feeling a little silly now. That was exactly my mistake. I clearly was so focused on the coordinates that I never even noticed the East/West selection. Mine clearly was set to West, and should have been East.

Thanks Woetjes!

Posted on
Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 am
Woetjes offline

You're welcome :)

Page 1 of 1