Devices not responding; can I use polling to fix?

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm
towsled offline

Devices not responding; can I use polling to fix?

I have 10 Somfy motorized blinds all controlled by indigo. All of these blinds utilize a daily schedule to open and close by room. The issue is that periodically (once a week) one blind in a sequence does not get the signal to move. I reissue the command manually from Indigo and it catches the "missed" blind. My question is; is there a way to send a scheduled command and then poll a set of devices to determine if they responded to the command or not and then if not reissue the command and repeat the process until all poll in the expected position?

Thanks,
Dan..

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Devices not responding; can I use polling to fix?

Hi Dan,

What specific Somfy blind controller do you have (how is Indigo controlling them: Z-Wave?)?

Posted on
Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 pm
towsled offline

Yes Matt - I have a zWave to RTS converter provided by Somfy which acts as a RTS repeater. Most of the time it works great but every now and again one blind will not get the message (not sure if it is the zwave part or the RTS part of the message). I thought if I could issue a down command for a bank of 5 blinds and then 3 minutes later poll the 5 devices and ensure all are down and then if "no" send another down command that would solve the issue.. but alas I am not that proficient with Indigo yet :)

Posted on
Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It might be possible. The next time the state gets off, try pressing the Send Status Request button in the Main Window for that device. Does it update to the actual current state of the blind? If so, then we might be able to come up with a script or logic that does what you need.

You also might want to try posting on this forum thread. It has some other users using that ZRTSI which might have some good suggestions.

Page 1 of 1