Z-Wave On/Off

Posted on
Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:45 pm
jltnol offline

Z-Wave On/Off

So I put a window sensor in my mailbox so I'll know when the mail is delivered. The problem is the mailbox is kind of far from the house, and is metal. So when the mail slot is opened, the sensors sends the ON command to Indigo. But when it's closed, I'm guessing the metal of the mailbox (and the distance)prevents it Indigo from receiving the OFF command. So when it's opened again with the ON command, Indigo doesn't register there has been a change so a trigger with On / Off state Has any Change, doesn't fire, again, because Indigo doesn't register a change.

Just wondering if there is a way to get around this non-off situation. As I'm writing this I was thinking of some kind of python script, but not sure even that will work as it will still depend on the database to register a change.

And to be clear, when the mail slot is opened, that command is being transmitted and received by Indigo. ....

Posted on
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave On/Off

Easiest thing is to make your trigger aZ-Wave Command Received event. Just watch for any incoming command for that device, it should be good enough.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:28 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Z-Wave On/Off

Got it.

I didn't think about that option.... I considered some variable action, but kept running into the same issue. But Z-Wave command received should do the trick.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1