Motion triggered lights with manual override - with Z-wave??

Posted on
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:13 am
chase offline

Motion triggered lights with manual override - with Z-wave??

So far all my switches have been Insteon. I like the form factor, availibilty and price.

I believe the best practice is have the motion detector be the boss of the switch on/off state when the lights have not been manually switched on. The motion detector's time-delayed OFF command controls how long the lights stay on. This has been rock solid reliable for years in my setup.

My best practice configuration for motion-triggered-lights-with-manual-override has been to use a variable updated by the trigger Type 'INSTEON Command Received' from 'Main Button/Group' of the device.

I am having an issue with some G9 LED bulbs that start to flicker and many burn out when driven by the switchLinc dimmers (I think) (I do not see this with Lutron motion sensor dimmers I have in other areas in the house). I thought I would replace the SwitchLinc dimmer on the G9 LEDs with a Z-wave Levinton DZ6HD-1BZ.

Is there a way to detect a button press on Z-Wave dimmers? So far I do not see how to do this. I am also unable to find a command set for this switch....

Any other solutions for non-insteon dimmers that indigo can detect button presses?
Attachments
2021-08-08_06-45-30.png
2021-08-08_06-45-30.png (134.68 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Motion triggered lights with manual override - with Z-wa

Sorry for slow response on this one – I just now noticed this forum post.

If you select Z-Wave Command Received, select Incoming Command Received from Device, then select your Leviton device you will hopefully see an option for detecting the ON button.

Page 1 of 1