All Off Command Exceptions

Posted on
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:10 am
Midnightsun offline

All Off Command Exceptions

I use the all off command almost every night however there are certain modules (insteon) I want to keep on. Is there any easy to exclude a module? Right now I have a work around to fire up the ones I want to remain on up after a couple of minutes after the all off command has been received but would prefer something easier.

Posted on
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:33 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: All Off Command Exceptions

If all the devices you want to go off are Insteon, then you can just create a PowerLinc group with the ones you want to go off. Then send an off to that group rather than do an all off. Note that all off only applies to Insteon and X10 devices, so it's not really a general command. If you have devices other than Insteon, then create an Action group that sends the off to the PowerLinc group and also turns off each of the other devices you want to go off. Then execute the action group at night.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:18 am
Midnightsun offline

Re: All Off Command Exceptions

I was hoping for an easy shortcut, guess not. The way I have it now is I created an all off action group which consists of the all off command and added a delayed on command for the few items I want to remain on. Yes the ones I want to stay on do turn off but only for a minute and then back on again. I do have over 40 insteon modules so this was the easiest/shortest route for me.

Page 1 of 1