Trigger event from another mac.....

Posted on
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:10 am
kidney offline

Trigger event from another mac.....

hi!
I know that I had that configured a while ago where as soon as I would move my mouse on my work computer my office light would turn on....

I think that was done via apple event or some thing like, but it been so long that I don't remember how I did it back in the days,

How can we do it today?

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:38 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Trigger event from another mac.....

Unfortunately, I don't have a first-hand answer to your question, but it appears that the pynput library may be able to help. It appears to support Python 2.7. You'd need to install it on your machine as it doesn't ship with Mac OS.

I have never used it and make no guarantees. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:42 am
kw123 offline

Or you could curl on your remote mac and with the restful interface set any variable ... on your indigo mac
Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:53 am
johnpolasek offline

Is there a generic way to have the NON Indigo (or running Indigo Client remotely) carry out an action when the server triggers; specifically, when the driveway alert trips on my sisters MAC which is running the Indigo Server, is there any way for my mother's mac across the driveway running the client to Speak "Company"? Looking at the 2021 plans, I assume we will (eventually) have the ability to have the google assistant mini do it, but is there any way to do it now?

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:36 am
DaveL17 offline

johnpolasek wrote:
Is there a generic way to have the NON Indigo (or running Indigo Client remotely) carry out an action when the server triggers; specifically, when the driveway alert trips on my sisters MAC which is running the Indigo Server, is there any way for my mother's mac across the driveway running the client to Speak "Company"? Looking at the 2021 plans, I assume we will (eventually) have the ability to have the google assistant mini do it, but is there any way to do it now?

Directly in the Indigo client itself? Not that I know of, but I could be wrong about that.

I know it's possible to send something to the OS and have it spoken like this (rather than having the Indigo client say it):

Code: Select all
from os import system
system('say Hello world!')
But doing that on another machine is a bit more complex. A quick search turned up this: https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/24553 which I'm not sure is the easiest way to do it.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1