Executing Trigger/Scene from UI is smoother than from keypad

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm
kevinkorb offline

Executing Trigger/Scene from UI is smoother than from keypad

When I turn on a scene from the Indigo pro UI as well as the iphone app, all devices simultaneously turn on and off as expected.

When I do the same thing from a keypadlinc button (via a trigger to execute scene) all the lights turn on/off on there own, it is not simultaneous like it is when directly triggering from the UI or iphone app.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this expected behavior?

Is the button press on the keypadlinc causing traffic that screws up the scene?

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:25 am
mundmc offline

Re: Executing Trigger/Scene from UI is smoother than from ke

M&J can better address this, but if your Insteon lag is anything like mine, then that’s the culprit. It’s one of things pushing me away from Insteon and, to a lesser extent, zwave. For whatever reason I don’t have this problem with Lutron, Hue, and other protocols.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Insteon is a relatively slow protocol, and lots of things can cause it to be even slower if there is any signal noise which forces message retries. So, yes, this is something that the majority of us who have used Insteon have experienced at one time or another.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

On the Action panel for the Trigger that executes the scene try adding a small (~2 second) delay to the action. It is possible / likely that the scene command Indigo is sending is colliding with a cleanup command from the KeypadLinc button being pressed. Waiting a second or two might avoid the collision and prevent the scene command from being dropped (if the scene command is dropped then the individual modules in the scene will respond to the direct cleanup commands, but those happen sequentially which sounds like what you described).

Page 1 of 1