Garage light Trigger

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:43 pm
rml2112 offline

Garage light Trigger

Hi I have a z-wave controlled garage light that i have set up to turn on anytime my laundry room door is opened, door into garage from inside of house, it stays on for 45 seconds and that part works great, Is there a way to have it when my insteon controlled garage door is open , to have no action taken on the garage light,.
If I'm working in there and someones comes through then i always have to toggle my garage light.

Bob

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:27 am
whmoorejr offline

Re: Garage light Trigger

If I'm understanding your issue correctly.....

One solution would be to add a condition to the trigger that turns on your garage light from the laundry door. (The condition would be if garage door state = closed).... so if the garage door is open, then the trigger won't fire off.

The other idea depends on where the physical switch is to the garage light. Example, my patio light turns on automatically when the corresponding door opens with a delay to turn it off after XX minutes. I added the condition (If the light is off). So, if I turn on the light before opening the door, then the trigger to turn on the light won't fire and therefore the corresponding delay to shut the light off in XX minutes won't fire either.

I hope one of those helps point you in the right direction.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:32 am
whmoorejr offline

Re: Garage light Trigger

Another option (what I did in my garage), in addition to the above triggers, I replaced my switch with the GE Zwave motion switch. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07226MG2T

Pricier than a dumb switch, cheeper than the insteon switch it replaced, but it also extends my network of presence detection in my home system without a battery operated motion detector. So, as long as there is movement in the garage, the light will stay on (or turn on).

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Page 1 of 1