Change Insteon Keypad button state w/o triggering button

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm
TimCirque offline

Change Insteon Keypad button state w/o triggering button

For various reasons I want to use Philips Hue's app for scheduling some routines rather than Indigo. However (for example), if the back yard light gets turned on by a Hue routine I want this to reflect on the keypad button associated with that light. As well when it is scheduled to turn off I want this reflect on the keypad.

It seems pretty straight forward. I can set up the change of the light state to trigger the button to change. BUT what if my schedule is specifically set to turn on at a different brightness (33%) from what the button push will set the brightness to (100%)? I don't want to give the button trigger the variable to only trigger when the brightness isn't 33%. Make sense?

I want to trigger a KeyPadLinc button to change state without actually triggering what the button would do when pressed. I've read through a lot of stuff here and can't figure out how to do it if it is at all possible.

Thanks,
Tim

Posted on
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Change Insteon Keypad button state w/o triggering button

Hi Tim,

I'm might be confused about the situation, but turning a KeypadLinc button ON does not automatically cause the module to execute the scene attached to that button – it'll just turn the LED on. If it is doing more than that, then the logic is probably coming from how your Trigger or Actions in Indigo are defined.

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:22 am
TimCirque offline

Re: Change Insteon Keypad button state w/o triggering button

I think I may have been confused on the proper way to set up the trigger. I think I'm good. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1