Posted on
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:45 am
citysnaps offline

Re: iOS Shortcuts?

kw123 wrote:
the advantage compared to the indigo app is : it pops up = 1 "ok" click ,
-- or you do siri: say "hey siri home" and the action happens
vs

Indigo app: you need to open the app, go through menus, then click on action button = 3 + steps

still not as I like to see it .

Karl

I get it... And thanks again for your help.

It's just a shame it couldn't be truly automatic so I (or my wife) wouldn't have to remember to do anything. Especially when driving away from the house, I don't want to have to pull over a block away to confirm that I really want to arm my cameras. My iOS Indigo Touch page is easy enough. No menus, All graphic, with a large button to toggle arming/disarming cameras. Still a hassle.

Looks like I'll need to study up on the Home app and Homekit Bridge to suss out the possibilities.

I'm hopeful Apple's soon-to-be-released Tile-like product will pan out. Using UWB (ultra wideband) technology provides for increased spatial resolution and range, with the U1 chip in the new iPhone 11. Sticking an Apple Tile on my house could work. Just hope that I'll not have to confirm that I really want to run my action when I leave or arrive.

Brad
Urban photoblog: www.citysnaps.net

Posted on
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:09 pm
jaj737@gmail.com offline

I can say "Hey Siri, lets go" and my Tesla Remote app will wake my car, turn on the AC, open the garage door and unlock the car. So why can't the indigo app be integrated into "shortcuts" the way many other apps are? Since I can no longer get the HomeKit Bridge to start I cannot use siri to control my house anymore. Sure would be nice to have total native integration of "apple Home" built into indigo. Also think after 5 apple watch generations it would be nice to have an indigo app for the watch. thanks

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 pm
mundmc offline

jaj737@gmail.com wrote:
I can say "Hey Siri, lets go" and my Tesla Remote app will wake my car, turn on the AC, open the garage door and unlock the car. So why can't the indigo app be integrated into "shortcuts" the way many other apps are? Since I can no longer get the HomeKit Bridge to start I cannot use siri to control my house anymore. Sure would be nice to have total native integration of "apple Home" built into indigo. Also think after 5 apple watch generations it would be nice to have an indigo app for the watch. thanks
There’s a clunky way to send Shortcut commands to Indigo that I used for a bit.

Do a Shortcuts search here, I think it has a subforum.

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

I don't use it often, but I have Shortcuts that work by using the Home Remote app as a bridge. I set up an Indigo action to run in Home Remote, and then I set up a Shortcut to run the Home Remote action.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:47 am
Umtauscher offline

Hi Dave,
thanks for your comment, but how do you do that?
I am using ios13.5.1 and the home remote app is no where accessible in the shortcuts app. (I suppose you are talking about the HomeRemote App 3.7 with the black and white icon?)
What am I missing?
Thanks
Wilhelm

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:22 am
DaveL17 offline

Within the Home Remote app, there is a microphone icon which brings up an "Add to Siri" screen. Add a spoken phrase and then press the "Add to Siri" button. It should then be available in Shortcuts.

https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=22962

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:51 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks a lot.
I would never have found that out without the video.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:28 am
DaveL17 offline

My pleasure. Good luck!