Creating a Schedule event with a trigger

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:31 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Creating a Schedule event with a trigger

I would like to create a schedule with a trigger, with the timing of the schedule event calculated by adding, say, 30 minutes, from the time of the trigger.
To elaborate, I'm trying to solve the following situation:
- trigger turns on Device A at the time of the trigger, and Device B 30 minutes later.
- using the 30 minute delay feature in the trigger creates a problem if I decide to cancel the trigger before the 30 minutes has lapsed. In other words, turning off Device A does not disable the turning on of Device B. While I could make the turning on of Device B contingent upon the state of Device A, there are circumstances when I want to turn on Device B regardless of the state of Device A.
The following scenario would solve my issue: a trigger that turned on Device A at say 0713, that also created an ad hoc schedule which turned on Device B at 0743 (30 minutes later). Thus, if at 0728, I decided to turn off Device A, I could solve the problem by disabling the ad hoc schedule that was created for Device B.
I solved this problem with an Apple Script. I am working at eliminated all ASs.

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Creating a Schedule event with a trigger

Why not just create a delayed action on your trigger that turns on device B after 30 minutes, then create a second trigger that fires when you turn off device A that also removes any delayed actions for device B?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 pm
SMUSEBY offline

why not indeed? except that I didn't know such a thing was possible.

Posted on
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

SMUSEBY wrote:
why not indeed? except that I didn't know such a thing was possible.

Delayed actions and removing delayed actions has been part of Indigo since Indigo 2.0 I believe... :D

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1