To trigger or not to trigger

Posted on
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 pm
peszko offline

To trigger or not to trigger

Sorry for the whimsical title, but...

From performance stand point, is it better to limit the number of triggers by having each trigger with multiple actions, or is it ok to have multiple triggers with fewer actions.

The source of the question is my occupancy problem. I have multiple sensors that I'm putting in to a virtual occupancy variable. Along with the variable updates for that, I have motion and action history and notifications firing (different combination for different devices and virtual occupancies). For clarity, I have separated motion history, action history and notification actions in to separate triggers, so in some cases one device change can trigger up to four triggers at the same time. Would this be a problem for indigo? I could put all the actions in to one trigger, but its easier for me to see if they are separate.

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: To trigger or not to trigger

That should be fine. I don't believe you'll run into any performance bottlenecks caused by the number of Triggers unless you have several hundred or more.

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm
peszko offline

Re: To trigger or not to trigger

Are we talking about total triggers, or per event triggers. I have 302 triggers in total, but no more than 5 per event would fire.

Page 1 of 1