pushing device and sensor changes &/or log entries to admins

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 am
wmldwilly offline

pushing device and sensor changes &/or log entries to admins

Hi.

Does anyone have any use cases or setups that take advantage of some other avenue to push information out to users that doesn't require triggering an email as notification?

I'd like to figure out if RSS or some other technique is valid and useful for causing a notification to be given to one or more users on their mobile devices whenever a particular sensor or sensors change states. For instance:

someone opens a door with a sensor.

indigo receives the sensor state change.

indigo logs the change.

remote users running ??? app on their devices, properly subscribed to the server in question, receive a notification of the new state of the sensor.

It seems like I should be able to cause this to happen with little programming and use of some sort of app on the mobile devices, no?

Any ideas, examples of current setups, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

(PS - I have some of this running now with triggers that send an email to my mobile provider's email-to-sms gateway so critical sensors can "text me", per se, but it's getting a little cumbersome especially where I want the notification to arrive for me on my device and my wife as well on her device.

It *seems* as though I should be able to make this happen, but I'm coming up blank.

TIA!

W

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: pushing device and sensor changes &/or log entries to ad

There are several notification plugins that can do that. I use Prowl and (when I get some free time) will probably switch to Pushover.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 am
wmldwilly offline

Re: pushing device and sensor changes &/or log entries to ad

jay (support) wrote:
There are several notification plugins that can do that. I use Prowl and (when I get some free time) will probably switch to Pushover.

Aha! thanks for that. I've been looking at Pushover for some other use, but see how that might have been an idea all along.

TY!

WM

Page 1 of 1