Trigger to change default on brightness - may be not working

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2018 12:55 pm
mikejandreau offline

Trigger to change default on brightness - may be not working

A while back, I found a post explaining how to send a raw INSTEON command to change the default brightness when turning a switch on.

It works for most of my switches, except there's two that control lights attached to a fan/light combo in our new bathroom. Indigo thinks it's changing the default brightness to either 20% of 50% (for night versus day), but the actual light doesn't come on.

When I toggle the switch - even at 100% - only the built-in nightlight function works. I don't know if both of these fan/light combos are faulty (they're part of a new addition), or if both bulbs in both units burned out on the same day (when they both stopped working) or what's happening. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions I could try.

I'm going to get some new bulbs and hope that fixes the issue. But if anyone has any suggestions on Indigo or INSTEON things I can try, I'm all for it. As of now, the light fixtures are mostly useless because the night light is only 2w and doesn't really do a whole heck of a lot.

Page 1 of 1