Defeating Auto-Off depending on which trigger sent on?

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am
hwi1s0n offline

Defeating Auto-Off depending on which trigger sent on?

Hi-

I've got an Action group(and device) to turn my outside lights on with no auto-off checked.

But I've also got a door sensor trigger to turn them on (and then auto off after 15 min).

I'd like to be able to use the action group or device On command and then not have the auto-off timer start ticking and ultimately send the off if I use the door after the on command is sent manually. IS this possible and am I making any sense?

Thanks,

Harry

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:01 am
howartp offline

Re: Defeating Auto-Off depending on which trigger sent on?

Yep, have a timer device set to 15 mins.

In the trigger for your door sensor that turns light on, have it also start the timer.

Then a trigger on ‘timer expires’ to turn light off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Without scripting it, which wouldn't be very difficult, you could do something like this (assuming I understand the complexity of your request):

• Create a schedule for every 15 minutes to turn off outside lights
  • Create your trigger to turn them on and simultaneously ENABLE the schedule you created, meaning in 15 minutes from now it will auto off
  • Another trigger for when you use the door to DISABLE the schedule so it doesn't run, now the light stays on until turned off - or you can use the delay of the door trigger instead

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:51 am
johnpolasek offline

Lots of ways to flay this feline; I had a similar issue with my garage light and solved it with a variable, an action group, and 2 triggers;
Create a variable called "GarageStayOn" initially set to false.
Create a Manual GarageOn action group that turns the garage light on, sets the variable to true and cancel delayed actions in the Door open trigger.
Create the door open trigger that turns the light on with a condition that GarageStayOn is false and an auto off after 15 minutes
Create a second trigger on the Garage Light device which sets GarageStayOn to false when the device becomes equal to off

If the door has been opened and turned the light on and then you call the manual group, it cancels the auto off, so the light stays on till something (manual hit the switch, go to sleep at midnight schedule, Indigo Command, etc) turns it off.
If you turn the light on with the action group and then the door is opened, those actions on with delayed off never take pl;ace because the light is already on and the variable is true.
When anything in your system turns the light off, the variable quits blocking the open door trigger.

I think that's what you are trying to accomplish, right?

Page 1 of 1