Hidden Door Sensor

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 am
Mitchemi offline

Hidden Door Sensor

Basic question. I have installed a hidden door sensor and paired it to a switch. It is working but turns the light on when the door is open and then turns it off when it is closed. I want the light to stay on for a period of time say five minutes after the door is opened. I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone help me please.

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:34 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Hidden Door Sensor

Mitchemi wrote:
Basic question. I have installed a hidden door sensor and paired it to a switch. It is working but turns the light on when the door is open and then turns it off when it is closed. I want the light to stay on for a period of time say five minutes after the door is opened. I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone help me please.

When you say "paired", how did you do it? If you did it by using a pair of Triggers (one for when the door opens, the other when it closes), they've got you covered... If you want the light to stay on for some amount of time after the door opens no matter what happens after that, you don't need the Close trigger at all; once you choose the Device Action of Light on in the "State becomes Open " trigger, there is an option there to Auto Off after whatever interval you want to set. If you want it to stay on for some period after the door closes, look at the bottom of the "Actions" tab on the "State becomes Closed" trigger; there is an option there that you can use labeled "Delay" on the close trigger to wait however long you want before sending the light off.

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:53 am
FlyingDiver offline

Insteon door sensor?

You need to use the "Manage Links" button in the Edit Device dialog to break the link between the sensor and the light. Then you need to set up triggers on the sensor on/off state to turn on the light and turn it off (with delay).

Oh wait, you want to turn if off even if the door stays open? I think you can add a trigger for door opening (state becomes on) with a delayed action to turn off the light, even if it's paired directly to the switch.

Edit: That does work. I just tested it on one of my closet doors.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:36 pm
Mitchemi offline

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1