[ANSWERED]Testing a condition over a period of time

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:41 am
drpokorn offline

[ANSWERED]Testing a condition over a period of time

Long story short: I currently have a series of triggers set up so that opening any window in the house will immediately cause the air conditioning or heat to shut down if it's active. Similarly, closing the windows will cause the thermostats to turn back on.

I'd like to do the same thing for doors in the house, however, I don't want to toggle the state every time a door is open -- only if a given door is open for a minimum length of time. Doors are used more frequently and I don't want to short-cycle the AC.

e.g. if a door is open for at least 5 minutes, shutdown the thermostats, turn them back on once all the doors are closed.

Triggering on a door open or close to set a variable is easy. However, figuring out how to cause a later action which would allow me to test the variable is the problem.

In the current UI, there doesn't appear to be a way to delay the testing of a condition or for a trigger to delay and fire another trigger.

I'm I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:02 am
mbrihed offline

Re: Testing a condition over a period of time

I am looking for exactly the same thing.

Hope we will get a solution since this is something I used to have in my VERA Plus and would like to know how to do in Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Testing a condition over a period of time

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 am
drpokorn offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Testing a condition over a period of time

Thanks Jay --

In the interim I had discovered the Timers/Pesters plugin and began configuring exactly what the thread you pointed to suggests.

In my earlier searches I had only found the 3rd party plugin to count seconds since change -- which was close but not quite what I needed.

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:41 pm
mbrihed offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Testing a condition over a period of time

Thanks Jay!

Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1