Crate rather complicated? trigger

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2016 4:19 am
Frakke offline

Crate rather complicated? trigger

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a rather complicated (I hope not for you guys? :) ) trigger.

The thing that I want to accomplish is this.
I have 1 fibaro motion sensor and 1 philips hue bulb.

When there's motion: turn on the light in the office, let the light on for 2 minutes and start turning it off (dimming) for 60 seconds (with ramp rate).
But, when in the meantime there's motion again. The process starts over again.
Also, when I turn on the light manually, it has to stay on for 2 hours.

Anyone who already made something like this?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2016 7:59 am
howartp offline

Re: Crate rather complicated? trigger

Have a 5 second timer.

Create 2 triggers on timer expires. 1) that dims light by x% and 2) that restarts itself with condition that brightness > 0.

When motion sensor is triggered, turn light on and REstart the timer but with a 2 minute delay. (If during delay, restart delay)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2016 9:31 am
Different Computers offline

When you say "turn on manually" do you mean at a wired switch, a smart switch, via Indigo, or via the Hue app?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2016 12:07 pm
Frakke offline

Different Computers wrote:
When you say "turn on manually" do you mean at a wired switch, a smart switch, via Indigo, or via the Hue app?

Could be all of them..

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2016 1:35 pm
Different Computers offline

In the all of them case, you have one subset that you have to watch out for:

If your smart bulb is on a dumb switch, there's no way besides that switch to turn it back on if the dumb switch turned it off. For this reason, I don't recommend putting smart bulbs on dumb switches! And putting them on a smart switch is overkill.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 18, 2016 2:16 pm
Frakke offline

Hi All,

I'm trying to accomplish some new stuf with this.
So the things I've got:
- Fibaro Motion Sensor
- Fibaro Dimmer

The things I want to accomplish.

When there's motion and someone is home (already got some variables) and the Luminance is below 40, turn on the light to 100%.
After around 2 minutes, start dimming the light to 0%.
But, when in every stage, there's motion again, start over with the 2 minutes countdown.
A problem that I'm countering here is that when there's motion again, the lux is above 40 (because the lights are on), so the lights just will go out.
Also a thing, whenever I turn on the light manually, it should stay on forever.

What I've got now is the following:
- Trigger "MotionEntry" for motion becomes on --> if someone home & luminance is below 40 --> set brightness to 100% & turn on & top timer "entrylighttimer" & start timer "entrylighttimer" with a delay of 2 minutes
- Trigger "DimLightEntryBy10%" for timer expired "EntryLightTimer" --> Dim entry light by 10%
- Trigger "RestartTimerLightEntry" for timer expired "EntryLightTimer" --> Restart Timer "EntryLightTimer"

The thing I also got is that It'll dim to 90% and then just stops dimming..

Many thanks to think this through with me! :)

Regards

Posted on
Wed May 18, 2016 5:17 pm
howartp offline

Regarding the 90%, try changing your 'start after 2 minutes' to 'REstart after 2 minutes'.

I've a feeling you can't start an expired timer without either resetting it (back to its programmed time) or restarting it (which implicitly sets it back to programmed time first.

With the brightness being over 40, you need to introduce logic of either "and dimmer is on and less than x%" or "and timer is running" (or some equivalent) to prevent the light going back off.

Posted on
Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Just FYI, you can only use "start" on an inactive timer (explicitly stopped or expired). Restart will always restart the timer using the default time regardless of it's current state.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 am
howartp offline

Ah, I was half way there :-)

A while since I touched my timers.

Page 1 of 1