[SOLVED]Conditional Trigger question

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 am
300BlkPlinker offline

[SOLVED]Conditional Trigger question

I am a newbie to Indigo but having a blast with the software and almost endless possibilities and scenarios. My first project was to install a motion detector (everything is Insteon unless noted) and two on/off switches to turn on lights in a detached garage. I have a day and night trigger. Besides turning on the lights (also two webcams in the garage) it sends me a text message. The night trigger also reaches out to a 3rd party to call my phone (zapier.com). That's all great but I want to have the day trigger turned off during the weekend as I'm in and out, or we are always home. During the week it should be on as it's a commuter area/small subdivision and probably not many people home.

My trigger is the motion detector on. I know some of my other triggers allow me to set times, days, etc. How do I add this to my scenario?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Conditional Trigger question

Schedules are used to run things at various specified times. There are also Conditions, but the built-in date conditions are only specific to dates and times as opposed to day of week.

There are a couple of options, but I think I'd just create two schedules: one that runs on Friday evening and disables the day trigger and the other one would run on Sunday evening and would enable the day trigger.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1