Merten CONNECT Move 5082xx

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am
Jaska offline

Re: Merten CONNECT Move 5082xx

Hi.
I am a current fibaro user. I am moving forward, because I am tired of endless problems.
I've tested indigo, and it looks quite good.
However, I have several Merten (also known as schneider connect) 1-gang and 2-gang switches and they do not seem to be working.
Hopefully, this is becoming an improvement.

log:
Node ID: 15
Model: Transmitter Module
Model ID: 00010002
Manufacturer: Merten
Manufacturer ID: 007A
Protocol Version: 2.27
Application Version: 1.08
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 2
Class Name: Remote Switch
Class Hierarchy: 01 : 12 : 00
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 70v1 72v1
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: - none -
Neighbors: - none -
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[]
Config Values: - none -

When button pressed:
21 Oct 2014 19:23:01
Z-Wave Debug RCVD basicSetState: 01 09 00 04 00 0F 03 20 01 00 DF
Z-Wave Debug . . basicSetState: node 015, endpoint None, value 0 (no node dispatch)

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:09 pm
juntta online

Hi!

I have Schneider/Merten Connect Exxact battery switches, exactly same ones as Jaska has (see post above) and would definitely like to see full support in Indigo for these. Now I can turn appliances on/off through associations but no dimmer control, no triggering through events etc functionality. Please guys, have these added soon. :)

Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 1.0.281
Node ID: 19
Model: Transmitter Module
Model ID: 00010002
Manufacturer: Merten
Manufacturer ID: 007A
Protocol Version: 2.27
Application Version: 1.08
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 2
Class Name: Remote Switch
Class Hierarchy: 01 : 12 : 00
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 85v1 86v1 8Ev1 70v1 72v1
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: - none -
Neighbors: - none -
Associations: 1:[1, 3] 2:[1]
Config Values: - none -

Z-Wave Debug                    starting node status polling
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD basicSetState: 01 09 00 04 08 13 03 20 01 FF 34
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  basicSetState: node 019, endpoint None, value 255 (no node dispatch)
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD basicSetState: 01 09 00 04 00 13 03 20 01 FF 3C
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  basicSetState: node 019, endpoint None, value 255 (no node dispatch)
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestDimmerStatus: 01 09 00 04 00 0C 03 26 03 32 EA
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestDimmerStatus: node 012, endpoint None, value 50
  Z-Wave                          received "Stairway light" status update brightness 51

Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD basicSetState: 01 09 00 04 08 13 03 20 01 00 CB
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  basicSetState: node 019, endpoint None, value 0 (no node dispatch)
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD basicSetState: 01 09 00 04 00 13 03 20 01 00 C3
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  basicSetState: node 019, endpoint None, value 0 (no node dispatch)
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestDimmerStatus: 01 09 00 04 00 0C 03 26 03 00 D8
  Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestDimmerStatus: node 012, endpoint None, value 0
  Z-Wave                          received "Stairway light" status update is off

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:24 pm
CrazyFin offline

juntta wrote:
Hi!

I have Schneider/Merten Connect Exxact battery switches, exactly same ones as Jaska has (see post above) and would definitely like to see full support in Indigo for these. Now I can turn appliances on/off through associations but no dimmer control, no triggering through events etc functionality. Please guys, have these added soon. :)

Have a look in the thread viewtopic.php?f=58&t=13159&hilit=merten
Me and others have written a lot of about these problematic (but very good looking though) switches from Merten / Schneider Electric in that thread.

As it is now it won't work properly in Indigo (and I see similar problems at other home automation forums).

I have solved it temporarily by using direct associations between the Merten / Schneider Electric switches and the device I want to control.
You also need to make sure to have NOT Indigo Z-wave associated with the device since that would cause the effect you now are seeing, i.e. just on/off and no dimming.
I have removed Indigo Z-wave from the device associations and now I can dim devices using both paddles.
I am not able to see the 2 paddle versions as two separate devices is Indigo and I do not get status updates of them either.

I have a couple of the 1 paddle switches as well but on those I am able at least to see the status of the switches in Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:30 am
juntta online

Thanks CrazyFin! I have to try to remove that indigo z-wave from association group 1 if that gives me dimmer control.

You said that you see status of switches in Indigo - just asking because I dont. Are you able trigger those?

Posted on
Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:17 am
CrazyFin offline

juntta wrote:
Thanks CrazyFin! I have to try to remove that indigo z-wave from association group 1 if that gives me dimmer control.

You said that you see status of switches in Indigo - just asking because I dont. Are you able trigger those?

1. To get dimmer control you need to remove Indigo Z-wave BUT then you get no status updates in Indigo

2. You can not control these battery operated switches from Indigo since they are in sleep mode when a button is not pressed and you can therefore not activate the receiving mode in the battery switches remotely from for example the Indigo gui.

If your read the document at http://www.smarthus.info/support/downlo ... en_bpd.pdf you will realize that the dimming functionality simply disappears when you have more than one association per group. :evil:

And if you read this forum thread at the Vera forums people over there are experiencing similar problems already 4 years ago and that they have been trying to discuss this with both the Z-Wave association as well as with Merten (nowadays owned by Schneider Electric) but with no success. Merten has some proprietary classes/code in their battery operated switches that has not been fully disclosed causing software creators like Indigo to have huge problems with these switches.
Discussions on Vera forums: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=276.30 (you need to read the whole thread, very interesting reading)

My only solution/work around currently is to NOT associate these switches at all in Indigo and instead use direct associations with the devices you want to control and just accept that you will not be able to get status updates in Indigo for the switch itself BUT the Z-wave device you are controlling will of course still update its status due to actions from the switch.

I really hope that this will in someway get fixed in near future. I really love the design of these switches and the big program of variations of models, colors and designs that is available.
Me myself have the black glass frames with dark antrachite paddles. Looks really cool on a white wall. 8)

Currently I am trying out the new similar switch from Z-Wave.me. You can read about that in the thread viewtopic.php?f=77&t=13415&p=91804&hilit=switch+dual+paddle#p91804
Maaaaybbbeee it will be possible to use the Merten frames and paddles in the "near" (?) future on these switches according to Z-Wave.me.

Posted on
Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:46 am
juntta online

I tried and gained dimmer controls now! :)

Now I just have to figure out how to implement my stairway lighting (different dim levels day and nighttime) with motion sensor and manual override with those exxact paddles. I guess I could achieve this with variables and z-wave events from the dimmer...

Yes, I've looked through those threads very briefly and hopefully full Support will be reality some day. Those paddles are definitely best looking and the whole range has lots of other stylish equipment as well.