how to tell multiple people garage door(s) is/are open?

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm
mwarner offline

how to tell multiple people garage door(s) is/are open?

I've got both of my garage doors on insteon controllers. Several years ago and a few indigo versions back, I had a nice trigger system to notify myself and my wife by text via my google voice account with the google voice sms plugin. Now that two step authentication with Google has completely broken that functionality, I figured out how to make this work by sending myself a text by sending an email from Indigo to IFTTT which then fires off the text to me. The problem is that IFTTT is based around each user having a unique email, but I cannot send emails from multiple accounts within Indigo, so I still can't get my wife notified.

Has anyone come up with a solution for a trigger that can notify multiple parties by text by other means than the google voice sms plugin?

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm
mlooss offline

Re: how to tell multiple people garage door(s) is/are open?

I use the Pushover plug-in and it is working really well, it allows you to set up notifications to multiple users, that's what I have.

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 pm
berkinet offline

Prowl/Growl . The plugin comes with Indigo.

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:24 am
Seeker offline

I try to use apple messages for all notifications. I like having them show up on all my devices.

I wish messages was a built in notification option, but an applescript works well.

Posted on
Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you're in the US, then you can just use the email-to-SMS bridge that all cell phone companies provide.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1