Using Zooz dimmers in virtual 3-way setup

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:35 pm
epounds offline

Using Zooz dimmers in virtual 3-way setup

Going through a remodel and using Zooz dimmer switches in 3 and 4-way configurations. I would like to use 2 or more Zooz dimmers to control a single set of lights, so all switches look and behave the same. Zooz has documentation for doing this, but I cannot figure out how to configure this setup in Indigo. Ideally, I could configure “direct association”, where the dimmers communicate outside of Indigo, but Indigo is aware of what’s going on.
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/arti ... lar-bulbs/

Any advise on how to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using Zooz dimmers in virtual 3-way setup

I'm not sure if it will work or not from Indigo, but when trying to do the Direct Associations, what specific steps have you tried? I've always used "regular" switches for secondary switch locations with my Zooz modules, so I don't have experience with the techniques described on that article.

Note to change parameter #7 to value 11, you can use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item.
Likewise, to set the direct associations you should be able to use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Manage Associations... menu item.

Another approach would be to use the Virtual Interfaces device groups, although there will be some lag especially when manually controlling the brightness at the switches.

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:08 pm
epounds offline

Re: Using Zooz dimmers in virtual 3-way setup

Thanks Matt. This worked!!! And responsiveness from using the virtual devices is fairly good. Switching is great. Dimming has a little delay.

Then, in the UI, I'm just hiding the virtual devices from the remote display.

Page 1 of 1