Lamplinc cycles on/off continuously after power failure

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:07 pm
ipswich-clam offline

Lamplinc cycles on/off continuously after power failure

We had a brief power failure with possibly a surge (just guessing about the surge) when power returned.

One Lamplinc that worked perfectly before now cycles on and off over and over again. Indigo log just shows

"lamp 3" on
"lamp 3" off
l"amp 3" on
"lamp 3" off

over and over.

I tried a factor reset but no luck. I guess the Lamplinc may be toast, but does anyone have any suggestions before I get rid of it and replace it?

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Lamplinc cycles on/off continuously after power failure

If a factory reset doesn't help, then I think the hardware has malfunctioned and it'll have to be replaced.

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:37 pm
jalves offline

I've occasionally had that happen with one of my lamplinc devices. I think it got into a loop between the device and indigo somehow. I went to the device in Indigo and turned off communications, which stopped the loop. Turned it back on and the device functioned normally.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:20 am
ipswich-clam offline

jalves wrote:
I've occasionally had that happen with one of my lamplinc devices. I think it got into a loop between the device and indigo somehow. I went to the device in Indigo and turned off communications, which stopped the loop. Turned it back on and the device functioned normally.

Thank you, I think that may have worked!

Posted on
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:29 am
WagnerOne offline

I had an old insteon wall switch doing this recently too. Resetting it and/or other fiddling seemed to help for a while, but it got progressively worse and I had to replace it.

Page 1 of 1