ZEN76

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2023 12:10 pm
jltnol offline

ZEN76

So I just got this switch in, got it installed, but UP taps are being reported as down taps, and DOWN taps are being reported as up. At first, I just assumed this was something wrong with the switch, but have also come to realize it may be just how indigo is receiving this data and reporting it.

in the end, it almost doesn't matter as I can easily program the multiple tap triggers either way, but still am curious as to what may be causing this.

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2023 12:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ZEN76

There may be a config setting for the device that reverses the button behavior. Check it's documentation to see if there is a config parameter.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2023 2:32 pm
jltnol offline

There is a config to change controlling the load, but I haven't changed that. A single press UP turns the load ON but registers as a down tap, and a single press DOWN turns the load OFF but registers as an up tap.

And just for grins, I did change the paddle behavior, so a single tap DOWN turns on the load, but even then it still reports as an UP tap. I'm guessing this COULD be a bad switch, but also allowing for the possibility that the device definition in Indigo has this reversed.....

Although this is the only ZEN76 that I have, I do have a ZEN77, which is the dimmer version so I assume it has similar software, and it registers taps correctly... And other Zooz switches also register taps correctly as well.

Like I said, no big deal.. just more curious than anything else.

Here is the link for the Advanced Parameters. Perhaps its there and I just missed it...
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/549-zen76-s2-on-off-switch-700-advanced-settings/

Posted on
Tue May 09, 2023 5:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We'll look into this. Zooz has been inconsistent in the past as to which scene IDs it uses for UP versus DOWN presses.

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:47 pm
roquej offline

Under Device Actions/Brand Specific Actions, it list Zooz as an option, but when using it, only allows it for the ZEN32 devices. Isn't this supported for the Zen76? Trying to set LED color.

JP

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:08 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Actually, there are several Zooz devices that are supported according to the functions that they support. Unfortunately, there is no way to discover them, so we have to manually figure out what features they support then add specific support (because they don't use consistent configuration params). I'll add it to the list of things to look at.

You can look in the docs for the device to figure out what the configuration parameter is and send that yourself using the modify config param action or menu item.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:00 pm
roquej offline

Thank you, Jay.

I used the zwave parameters.

JP

Page 1 of 1