Schlage Sense

Posted on
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:41 pm
RWI offline

Schlage Sense

Hi, I just installed a new Schlage Sense door lock, the Schlage app added it right into HomeKit and it works fine. I'd like to add it to Indigo and wonder if HomeKit Bridge can work backwards bringing in this device? If not I presume I would have to added it using Z wave which I currently do not have as my home is all Insteon although it looks like as devises start failing I will be forced into another platform. Where do I go from here?

Posted on
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:04 am
SearchCz offline

Re: Schlage Sense

RWI wrote:
Hi, I just installed a new Schlage Sense door lock, the Schlage app added it right into HomeKit and it works fine. I'd like to add it to Indigo and wonder if HomeKit Bridge can work backwards bringing in this device? If not I presume I would have to added it using Z wave which I currently do not have as my home is all Insteon although it looks like as devises start failing I will be forced into another platform. Where do I go from here?

I handled this by creating a virtual on/off device in Indigo for each of my door locks, publishing that virtual device into HomeKit using the Homekit Bridge plugin, then creating automation in HomeKit so that whenever the lock was controlled, the status of my virtual device would update.

Page 1 of 1