Need Switch recommendation

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:19 am
Fxguy offline

Need Switch recommendation

Hey guys. I need to replace two Insteon Switches and I think its time to move away from INSTEON to a Z-wave interface. I already have a Z-wave thermostat, wall outlet, and front door locks.
I need a switch recommendation for a ceiling fan (the motor, lights are on a seperate switch) and then a dimmable switch for a fireplace light.

I tried a Zooz Zen26 for the fan but as soon as I connect it it just keeps turning on and off and on and off.... ? So any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Need Switch recommendation

I have several Inovelli fan switches which I like as well as a bunch of their dimmers and on/off switches. I really like the controllable LEDs on their gear and the notification feature. The one issue I have with the Inovelli switches is that if you happen to hit the set button beside the dimer switch itself at almost the same time as the regular top of the paddle, then it won't control. Usually not an issue but I have a couple of places where it's a blind tap at an awkward angle and it happens a lot more than I'd like. Inovelli is also having some supply issues so they might be harder to get.

I also have several different Zooz switches which I also like a lot, including a dimmer/relay combo that I use to control bathroom lights and exhaust fan from a single switch. I'm actually replacing an Inovelli switch (the one that I have the config button issue mentioned above) with a standard Zooz dimmer which won't have that problem.

Finally, HomeSeer has some nice switches that I've used in the past. They used to have a fan control switch which I still use in one room but I don't see it on their website any more.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:25 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Need Switch recommendation

Ditto on the Zoom switches... just don't enroll them in the encrypted mode... :):

Page 1 of 1