Fibaro Multisensor

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:28 am
dlleon offline

Fibaro Multisensor

I'm having trouble getting a new Fibaro multi sensor (cat's eye) to be added to Indigo. I've done the "new with encryption disabled" and then triple clicked the action button on the sensor. The sensor turns blue. Nothing happens for several minutes. No relevant log entries. After awhile, the sensor will flash several colors. I'm less than ten feet from the z-wave stick. After several more minutes, I'll get a timeout.

The "sync using" is greyed out the whole time. (there are also a few relay power switches in there that don't correspond to anything. I can't clear them out through the "removed failed" z-wave menu.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue with a new Zooz unit.

I have 12 functioning z-wave units, so I know my z-wave stick is working. (combination of bulbs, Zooz sensors, and plugs)

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:27 am
Dual offline

Re: Fibaro Multisensor

Have you tried the age old power everything down and restart it cure? It’s been working for me since 1986.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro Multisensor

Yes, do try unplugging the Z-Wave controller for the Mac to see if that helps.

Also try excluding the Fibaro module first, then re-include (with encryption disabled). It sounds like it isn't included based on the sensor flashing several colors, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure it is excluded first. Sometimes they come from the factory with an inclusion still in them (probably for factory QA).

Page 1 of 1