No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:37 am
dlleon offline

No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might

> No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

I'm getting z-wave errors like this from time to time. A module or in this case, a bulb, will spontaneously lose connection to indigo. Normally, I can factory reset the offending device, do a few attempts to include it back, and after a few hours, it will work.

For some reason, this light bulb won't work, period, after about a year of faithful service. It just stopped responding. It's connected to a z-wave stick on an indigo computer (primary) and a SmartThings Hub (for Alexa) as a secondary. It works on neither now.

The log just fails, and a resyc errors out immediately.

I don't know how to factory reset it, and I can't exclude it.

you have to turn it on-off-on-off-on-off-on, it then blinks either 2x or 3x, depending.

I'll do this voodoo dance, then try to include (no return path), exclude (nothing happens at all), and synch.

I'm stumped.

I keep getting
No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.
The damn thing is illuminated, and ready to go.

Sometimes Ill do the on off dance, then I include it as a new device I get an "inclusion successful, hit the sync button."
But, it's a trap! Once I hit sync:

No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

will quickly follow.

Here's the log

Z-Wave Syncing - started for "053 - Dimmable Power Switch"
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: - none -
Z-Wave Syncing - assigning return route to "053 - Dimmable Power Switch"
Z-Wave Error Syncing - failed to assign return route
Z-Wave received "Outdoor front drive Christmas garlnad 025 - Relay Power Switch" power load to 8.501 W
Z-Wave Error Syncing - failed
Z-Wave Error No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

I moved another z-wave switch to the same outlet, thinking maybe it's a distance issue. no dice.

Z-wave hates me. The feeling is getting mutual.

Please help.

Posted on
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:20 am
tazswe offline

Re: No response from "053 - Dimmable Power Switch". Module m

I understand how you feel, have had the same experience.
Suddenly after 2-3 years the communication starts to fail without any reason. Specially the bastards that is located in a hidden position without and possibly to do the on of dance.

The west wing of my residence is now a z-wave free zone, have replaced all z-wave products with Shelly wifi thanks to Karl’s plugin. Pleased with the change so far.
Still use z-wave in the other part of my home, but if they don’t behave, they are gone sone.

Maybe not an answer on your question but an alternative solution.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1