Somfy Garage Door

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:19 am
petematheson offline

Somfy Garage Door

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a new garage door, and am looking for a Roller Garage Door from 'SeceuroGlide'.
Reading their quote, it comes with a 'with Somfy motor'.

Wondering if anybody knows if my Aeotec Z-Wave Garage Door Opener would interface with this at all to give me control from Indigo? And also perhaps the ability to see % open / closed in case it's only partly open etc?

Thanks!
Pete

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:52 am
neilk offline

Re: Somfy Garage Door

It looks do-able but probably not with you Aoetec without some faffing about. The aoetec uses a tilt sensor so will not give you opening percentage. You may be able to wire it into the button..

It looks like they have an https://developer.somfy.com/products/rolling-shutters and the Velux use the Iocontrol system but you need to dig into what they will supply.

If you end up with a spare let me know as I only have one of my doors connected.

Also did you look at the charge sensor stuff ?

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:55 am
autolog offline

Not a direct answer to your question; I have got a 'SeceuroGlide' roller shutter garage door and use a Roller Shutter Door Contact wired into a Z-Wave Vision Door & Window Sensor - Gen5.

It seems to work well to detect whether the garage door is open or not. I have an Indigo timer set and if it is open for more than ten minutes then "Daniel" alerts us via our Homepod speaker and then every 10 minutes! :)

UPDATE: Actually I just double checked and reminded myself that I am using a Z-Wave Vision Door & Window Sensor - Gen5 which enables an external contact to be wired into it. (link & description modified above). :oops:

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 pm
petematheson offline

neilk wrote:
It looks do-able but probably not with you Aoetec without some faffing about. The aoetec uses a tilt sensor so will not give you opening percentage. You may be able to wire it into the button..

It looks like they have an https://developer.somfy.com/products/rolling-shutters and the Velux use the Iocontrol system but you need to dig into what they will supply.

If you end up with a spare let me know as I only have one of my doors connected.

Also did you look at the charge sensor stuff ?

Thanks - this looks interesting! Any idea if Indigo can control these though? Not seeing anything on the forums or plugins.

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm
neilk offline

I have Velux blinds that use IOcontrol, and my solution at the time was to use Fibaro twin relays to operate the Velux interface device (KLF100 from memory), but that only gives me open and close and does not report position.

It looks like things may have moved on and Velux among others have a more sophisticated gateway if that is the protocol they use, but Somfy also seem to have an older RTS protocol that the garage door also could use.

No plugin off the shelf but it looks like the API is well published and should be easy enough to script without a plugin but it doesn't look like anyone has tried it.

If it has momentary up and down switches for control then something like a fibaro dual relay could handle open and close, but it is not an encrypted device like the Garage door controller. No issue for me as it is only operating internal blinds.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:26 pm
petematheson offline

Yep, after having a look I believe I can just add my Aeotec Garage Door Opener to get the same functionality than I have now, it just means that I won't be able to detect the % open.
But then I do have a camera in the garage so I can see if it's open or not, and I do have a backup alarm sensor on my garage door now which I can mount on the floor. So if the door isn't fully down then the alarm will report as the garage door being open still. :)

Page 1 of 1