What is required for indigo operation of a honeywell t6

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 pm
jroach offline

What is required for indigo operation of a honeywell t6

Our house HVAC is being updated. I will be using the Honeywell T6 Pro (z-wave, if that makes a difference). The thermostats haven't arrived yet but I want to get started prepping indigo.

Reading through the Honeywell info I see two apps; Total Connect Comfort and Honeywell Home app. I also have heard that the Mr.Slim plug-in is also needed.

Do I need either of the Honeywell apps these if I plan to use Indigo to operate the units? I still want thermostat control, set temp higher/lower at each of thermostats if possible (I heard something about the controls at the thermostat are not usable if connected to a hub (hub=zwave and indigo?)

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: What is required for indigo operation of a honeywell t6

Since you got the Z-Wave version I think Indigo should be able to just directly communicate and control it (presuming you have a Z-Wave controller connected to your Mac, of course), once you've included it and synced it in Indigo.

We don't have personal experience with that model, but I found one report of someone that submitted the device profile for the T6 (TH6320ZW) which said it worked with Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:17 pm
jroach offline

Thanks Matt.

I can confirm that the T6 z-wave version hooks up as you described (no plugin needed).

Posted on
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 pm
jroach offline

Turns out the T6 from Honeywell/Resideo might not work well with our Mitsubishi PEAD cassettes. The T6 doesn't support Dry mode which is useful when the humidity is high. They recommended looking at the T8 but I was really hoping to use z-wave.

Any thoughts on what Thermostat to use would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 1