Lock Insteon Buttons?

Posted on
Sun May 17, 2020 8:58 pm
kpurintun offline

Lock Insteon Buttons?

Is there a way to lock Insteon buttons? My son (3) is constantly turning on his switches dim hoping we won't see that he is up. We have a cam we still use, so his thought process is flawed. But it would be nice to have a schedule of locked, with an action group to unlock them from the phone.

i guess i might be able to script something to auto shut the light off blah blah blah..

but wondering if there is an easy solution?

Thanks,

Kyle

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2020 3:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Lock Insteon Buttons?

Hi Kyle,

There isn't a way to lock the physical buttons, but as you mentioned you could create a Trigger for when the device state changes (brightness) that has an action force the switch OFF. Note you can disable/enable Triggers themselves (there is an action type to disable/enable), so you can create a Schedule that enables your Trigger at night and disables it in the morning. If it were me I would only have the Trigger fire if the Device State Changes (brightness) with an additional conditional that the brightness is < 50%. That way he can turn on the light (to > 50%) if there is an emergency or reason to do so. :) You also could have it send you emails or alerts so you know when he is messing with the lights.

Page 1 of 1