Linking Insteon Motion Sensor 2 to OutletLinc2

Posted on
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:51 pm
ryandenver offline

Linking Insteon Motion Sensor 2 to OutletLinc2

Greetings

I've been able to successfully link a motion sensor 2 to a DIN module. However, I'm not able to do the same for an OutletLinc2.

I've set the outletlinc bottom outlet as the responder to the motion sensor (group 1), but when the motion sensor turns on from motion, nothing happens with the outlet.

Is there a setting I may be missing that's different between a DIN dimmer and the OutletLinc?

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted on
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:05 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Linking Insteon Motion Sensor 2 to OutletLinc2

So I have an Insteon Motion sensor, and the same OutletLincs as you. I was able to make the "B" side of the outlet respond to the motion detector so it can be done. Didn't do anything special to make it happen. BUT... my motion detector does have a built in "time out" period... not sure how long it is... so it doesn't react as one might expect.... takes time for it to be ready again. Could that be part of your problem?

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 pm
ryandenver offline

Thanks for those insights. I've tried all of the three timing options on the sensor and walked away for a day + and come back and it is still not triggering the outletlinc. I'm at a loss.

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you sure your changes to add those links were successfully sync'd back to the module? Try re-syncing both devices in Indigo via their Device dialogs (note you'll need to wake the motion sensor). Once it is done check the Event Log for errors and copy/paste the results of them both into a forum reply. Also then open the Link Editor dialog in Indigo and take a screenshot of how you have the links defined.

Posted on
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:07 pm
ryandenver offline

Screenshot attached.

I've relinked and resynched the links as suggested. Still no luck.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.05.31 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.05.31 PM.jpg (383.87 KiB) Viewed 2090 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

For future reference, please copy/paste the text from the event log into Code tags rather than attaching an image. It allows us to copy/paste relevant lines in reply messages (and it takes up less space on our servers).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From the log the links Indigo is writing look correct. The last byte in the responder link specified which outlet is targeted. I cannot copy/paste the link since the above is a screen shot :), but it is the last link "read" from the outletlinc module during the sync which shows the last 3 bytes: FF 1F 02.

At this point I'd suggest deleting the link, resyncing, the manually creating the link between the two modules (following the Insteon instructions). Presuming that works you can re-sync it in Indigo and then we can compare how the links look to see what (if any) difference there is. You might also want to first try a factory reset of the module then re-sync in Indigo (which will re-write the links presuming you have them flagged with the persistent checkbox in the link editor). Perhaps it is just in a bad state.

You can just ignore the EZIO8T message. It isn't an error in the log (it isn't red and doesn't say error) – it is just Indigo telling you it isn't able to sync links with it. Likewise you can ignore the same message shown when it is syncing the device you have for the bottom outlet. The message is a bit off, but the point is it only syncs to the main (first) device in the list which is the top outlet. The module only has one links database in it for both outlets; Indigo syncs everything when it does the sync for the top outlet.

Posted on
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:07 pm
ryandenver offline

Matt

Thanks for that info. FYI, I was able to get the sensor to work with the top outlet, but still no luck with the bottom outlet when paired. No errors in the log either. Any other thoughts?

Posted on
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you try my suggestions above? Both manually creating the link (per their manuals) without Indigo at all? And a factory reset of both modules followed by an Indigo re-sync? If the manual process doesn't work then it sounds like the module is marginal and needs to be replaced.

Posted on
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:26 am
ryandenver offline

I opted to use the trigger method. I tried multiple sensors/outletlincs with no luck. It would only link the upper outlet.

Posted on
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:11 am
Korey offline

I have no problem controlling my OutletLinc top and bottom independently with Indigo, perhaps its not an OutletLinc2?

What model is yours?

Mine says 2663.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 10.06.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 10.06.58 AM.png (106.92 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 am
ryandenver offline

Korey

It's not matter of adding the top/bottom outlet to the device list. That's fine. The project is actually getting the sensor to trigger the specific outlet. Triggers work, direct link of sensor to outlet did not.

Page 1 of 1