Send Status Request of Device from Action Group

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:14 am
pgershon offline

Send Status Request of Device from Action Group

I have an issue where my Insteon controlled outdoor light, which is switched off nightly, seems to come back on in the early morning hours (I notice at say 3 AM its off, but by 7 AM it has come back on). I see nothing in my Event Log indicating any command to turn the light on, and when I look at the Devices List the light's status is listed as "off" (yet its on). If I depress the "Check Device Status" button on the control panel, the Event Log returns 100% and the status is now listed as "on". So I am trying to determine what is causing the light to go on. This seems to have 3-4 nights per week, sometime before 7 AM.

I tried setting up a script to get trigger when the device state changes, but this fails because Indigo thinks the light remains off until I do a manual "Check Device Status". Is there a way I can have a script execute the "Check Device Status" function? That way I could isolate the time of day the problem occurs and perhaps determine the culprit? There is definitely some noise on my system, I have other Insteon issues, but I have failed to isolate the cause.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Send Status Request of Device from Action Group

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1