Door Locks Stopped Locking

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:35 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Door Locks Stopped Locking

I went on vacation for a few weeks back in October. When I got home I found my door locks stopped locking. I have 3 Kwikset dead bolts w/ z-wave and none of them lock anymore. I click Lock in indigo, it says "lock locked" and processes all the actions like it was locked, but the lock never moves. I deleted and re-added the devices, but all 3 locks continue to have this problem. And by delete, I mean I pulled my z-stick out and unpaired then re-paired the locks. Define & Sync and pick the right device.

Any idea what happened or how I fix it? I'm leaving for the weekend and my doors wont lock. :( Indigo says locked, but clearly it's wrong.

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Door Locks Stopped Locking

Typically when the command shows as successfully sent but nothing happens that means the lock wasn't included with encryption enabled by Indigo. In that case the lock responds with an Ack but does nothing. Obviously that isn't the case here since it worked before then stopped working.

Regardless, exclude, re-include w/ encryption (from Indigo), resync, then try locking/unlocking from Indigo again. Presuming it fails, copy/paste the Event Log window contents into a reply for me so we can try to see what is going wrong.

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:48 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Encryption might be it. heh. That doesn't explain why they stopped in October, but it may explain why re-adding didn't help. Lemme go try that now... Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:53 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Yup that worked. Thanks again!

While I have your attention, how do I clean all these devices off my stick?

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 014 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 015 - Relay Scene Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 016 - Binary Sensor (routing)
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 020 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 076 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 077 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 080 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 092 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 093 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 096 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 097 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 098 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 099 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 101 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 102 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 103 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 104 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 105 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 122 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 123 - Portable Remote Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 131 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 133 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 150 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 158 - Relay Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 178 - Relay Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 181 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 182 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 183 - Static Scene Controller
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 206 - Notification Sensor

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Remove Failed Modules from Controller... menu item. If that doesn't work for some (or all) of those devices then create a new temporary device in Indigo and sync it to each of those node IDs (014, 015, 016, 020, 076, 077, ...) individually. That will fail of course, but it will also flag those modules internally in the Z-Stick as not reachable then you can do the Remove Failed Modules from Controller action again and it will work.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:40 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

I've definitely hit the Remove Failed Modules from Controller... option a few (dozens) of times in the past few years. It always wants to remove perfectly-working devices, which is weird. The ones that are not used remain in the controller. Your advice to add them and attempt to pair may be the solution. I'll go through that process soon. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1