Anyone any ideas on why a ZWave device has 'lost'partial

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:38 am
Busta999 offline

Anyone any ideas on why a ZWave device has 'lost'partial

Any ideas?

I upgraded to 7.4.1 and the Horstmann 2 Channel Boiler Actuator (SSR302) is playing up.

No hot water today so made showers interesting.

The Hot Water is reporting:-

Code: Select all
Error                           device "Hot Water" state key onOffState not defined

Performed a Define and Sync with Bother the Heating and Hot Water system - now all the control systems are playing up too.

Also getting this now.

Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRACEBACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!! Traceback (most recent call last):
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!   File "plugin.py", line 1788, in csv_refresh_process
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!     state_to_write = u"{0}".format(indigo.devices[int(v[1])].states[v[2]])
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!! KeyError: 'key onOffState not found in dict'
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Matplotlib Error                [Heat-Water-Motion CSV Engine] Invalid CSV definition: 'key onOffState not found in dict'

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:39 am
Busta999 offline

Re: Anyone any ideas on why a ZWave device has 'lost'partial

Heating systems offline now

Trigger                         Hot Water - Hit Temp High
   Error                           TriggerAction() caught exception: ElementWrongTypeError -- device "Hot Water" class type ThermostatDevice is not compatible with action turnOn/turnOff/toggle/setBrightness/lock/unlock/open/close
   Trigger                         Hot Water in Range Variable Indicator

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:40 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

First stop and restart the Indigo Sever, then re-sync and Include the Event Log snippet showing that result followed-up by trying to control the device (from Indigo's Main Window).

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 am
Busta999 offline

Heating Controller and Hot Water are no longer in Devices so all routines for controlling them are broken

Trying to work out how to get heating working again

Anyone know how to restore back to 7.4?

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Follow my steps above so we can troubleshoot what is going on.

Also include Event Log snippet showing what Indigo logs after the server restart.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 am
Busta999 offline

Thanks Matt

Just restating Indigo now

Because the devices self changed from On/Off device to Thermostat everything that used it got 'lost' so dependencies was lost also.

So trawling though everywhere trying to find out where it is broken now.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:06 am
Busta999 offline

Hunting down errors now

Error                           TriggerAction() caught exception: ElementWrongTypeError -- device "Heating System" class type ThermostatDevice is not compatible with action turnOn/turnOff/toggle/setBrightness/lock/unlock/open/close

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:07 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

After re-sync does the device respond to the thermostat mode changed between OFF and HEAT? That is, I'm wondering if after you correct the places in the database where indigo is sending On/Off commands to changing the mode to HEAT and OFF if it works or not. Looks like we did change the definition for that one and I might have forgotten to bump the internal version number that tells the user to re-sync it; also not cool that it changed between relay and thermostat (I thought it would have already been thermostat). I'm trying to find why we changed the definition now, but I think it was because a new device report came in with more details on that particular model ID.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:08 am
Busta999 offline

Another error trying to track down

Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRACEBACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!! Traceback (most recent call last):
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!   File "plugin.py", line 1788, in csv_refresh_process
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!     state_to_write = u"{0}".format(indigo.devices[int(v[1])].states[v[2]])
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!! KeyError: 'key onOffState not found in dict'
   Matplotlib Critical Error       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
   Matplotlib Error                [Heat-Water-Motion CSV Engine] Invalid CSV definition: 'key onOffState not found in dict'

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:16 am
Busta999 offline

Now on

Schedule                        Turn Off Heating on Demand
   Error                           TriggerAction() caught exception: ElementWrongTypeError -- device "Heating System" class type ThermostatDevice is not compatible with action turnOn/turnOff/toggle/setBrightness/lock/unlock/open/close
   Error                           device "Hot Water" state key onOffState not defined
   Schedule                        Update BatteryAlertDisplayIndicator

Can't help thinking there would have been a smoother way for doing this.

Also the logic of some triggers were reversed - turning on instead of off etc not very good at all.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am
Busta999 offline

The logic in the triggers and schedules has all gone loopy will take a while to resolve.

My fault I should not have upgraded without fully understanding the consequences, roomy mistake.

Won't do it again.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:40 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Please read and respond to my posts above. I know you are trying to just get it back and working again, but I really need to understand how this is failing. Once I do your solution might just be to install a beta version of Indigo's Z-Wave plugin. So please stop doing your independent troubleshooting/fixing and answer the questions above. If you fix stuff and then we revert it back the way it was then you'll be in a broken state again. I need to understand what is going on, which I can only do if the questions and troubleshooting steps above are done.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm
Busta999 offline

Sorry, my focus was getting heating and hot water back up and running again.

I'll read through your posts and try and answer your questions.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:15 pm
Busta999 offline

After re-sync does the device respond to the thermostat mode changed between OFF and HEAT?

Yes
That is, I'm wondering if after you correct the places in the database where indigo is sending On/Off commands to changing the mode to HEAT and OFF if it works or not.

Yes working again but now broken Heating / Hot Water Graph in MatPlotLib, so lost record of when Hot Water/Heating was on or not.

Looks like we did change the definition for that one and I might have forgotten to bump the internal version number that tells the user to re-sync it; also not cool that it changed between relay and thermostat (I thought it would have already been thermostat).

The Hot Water element died during the night - i.e. in the log it was reporting it did not have an On/Off state so that is why the Hot Water stopped. It was showing as a device with an On/Off button but that just threw an error message. Once I re-synced it I had the option of turning on Heat/Cool. At the same time I sync'd the Heating and that switched from On/Off to a Heat/Cool Off.

I'm trying to find why we changed the definition now, but I think it was because a new device report came in with more details on that particular model ID.

Took me a while to realise it had changed from a straight On/Off switch to a Thermostat switch.

This threw all the 8 heating zone triggers, Heating/Hot Water indicators for displays, Charts/Graphs, Triggers for Hot Water turn off when hitting temp, Heating and Hot Water boosts, away modes, holiday modes etc plus a bunch of Command Pages.

It will take a few hours to find and fix them all, problem is the triggers went from when hot water On - check Hot Water Temp - turn off to When Hot Water Temp changes do nothing (device disappeared)

I hadn't realised how many safety exceptions I had made.

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yikes. So what happened was we had an existing device definition for the SSR302 which maps the Z-Wave commands for that module to Indigo's thermostat device types. In Indigo 7.4.1 I noticed a new device report (I think from you) that was also for the SSR302 but had a different model ID. I figured I would go ahead and point that model ID to Indigo's existing device definition.

What I didn't realize was that without the definition Indigo was creating relay device types for that module instead of thermostats. It looks like the module is reporting its base class as an On/Off Relay and not a thermostat, which is somewhat understandable since it is just a boiler actuator but also a bit non-standard in that modules that support the thermostat class (like this one) normally report their base class as a thermostat.

Normally wiring up an existing device definition to a model ID doesn't cause this. Sorry for the mess!