Triggers Not Firing

Posted on
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 pm
dlbeck offline

Triggers Not Firing

I've been running Insteon devices and Indigo for over 5 years and in the last couple weeks none of the triggers that I have setup on my 6 and 8 key keypads work. For example, I push a certain button and it kicks off a lighting sequence like turn off all lights for bedtime. Indigo isn't even receiving the commands as they are not showing up in the event log. I can execute the commands in Indigo just fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks

David

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:37 am
akimball offline

Re: Triggers Not Firing

Possible its a modem problem? So, does your log catch other events and respond to status from regular dimmers or switches? Say you set an insteon dimmer to 50%... does the log and indigo see that change? You could write a test trigger for a dimmer for example.

-Al

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:30 am
dlbeck offline

Everything worked for years. All my insteon light switches work and also the dimming functions. Its only all the triggers I have setup on my 6 and 8 button insteon keypads that don't work. My action groups and virtual devices that I have set up with my Alexa still work even.

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you answer the specific questions posed by akimball? Answering specific questions with as much detail as possible is the only way we can troubleshoot issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Also try resyncing the modules that aren't working. If they lose the links back to the PowerLinc (which can happen if the flash memory is going bad) then they won't broadcast to Indigo when the buttons are pressed.

Posted on
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 am
jalves offline

Sorry for asking what is probably an obvious question, but have you recharged the devices recently?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1