Motion 5-1 sees no Motion At All Ever Help!!!!!

Posted on
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:58 am
Sharek326 offline

Motion 5-1 sees no Motion At All Ever Help!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.....

Could anyone tell me if they had this happen. A few months back I had a Gen 5in 1 Motion Sensor appear to go bad. It was in my spare bathroom and all the sensors worked fine expect motion. It just stopped working one day. I removed the sensor but had it laying around the house. Today I had an idea. I also have the same sensor in a Attic Crawl Space that basically monitors Temp to kick on a Whole House Fan to Vent the space in summer.

My idea was since I just use temp on that I would swap them. At the time the broken Powder Room Sensor was battery and the Crawl Space was USB. After I swapped them out I took the former Crawl Space Señor to the Garage. But it to won't detect motion. But use two separate firmwares. The unit that was once in the Crawl Space now in the Garage was never dropped and actually almost never seen motion since it was in the location.

Things I tried.....

Removed the Unit and Added it back both with and without Encryption
Put it on USB Power
Factory Reset the Unit
Ensure the Parameter was set for Motion

I do have a third unit and it appear fine.

Anything else I can try? Can the firmware be updated or flashed? If so where can I find it?

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Motion 5-1 sees no Motion At All Ever Help!!!!!

Sorry for the slow reply. I don't really have any suggestions, except to contact the vendor (Aeotec?) to see if they have any suggestions. I was just going to suggest exclude and re-include w/o encryption but you've done that. I suspect it has malfunctioned.

Page 1 of 1