Micro Energy Switch Problem

Posted on
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:09 am
Sharek326 offline

Micro Energy Switch Problem

Good Morning Everyone,

Over the weekend I started my projects of tearing down all of Indigo and starting completely over. When adding the devices back into Indigo I took notice to something strange.

I have a few Aeon Labs Micro Energy Switches DSC18. A few on th lights but one on the switch to my Oil Burner. I also have the Aeon Labs Energy Meter connected to my Panel.

After I added the devices they all seem to read what I believe to be the correct Watts except for the Oil Burner it seems really high. If I turn on the light it appears right 34 Watts. If I turn on the Oil Burner it appears wrong 1836 Watts. But when its that high if I look at either side of the Panel its in the 100-400 Watt area.

I removed the device and added it back in with the same result. Any Ideas ? I just remember it being lower.

Posted on
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Micro Energy Switch Problem

Unfortunately, I think if that is what Indigo reports then that is what the module is sending. We've manually decoded debug output a few times from modules that report incorrect values and the result has always been it is the module sending the incorrect value (and not a decoding problem in Indigo), so I think the module must be marginal (or the load really is drawing that many Watts).

Posted on
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:44 pm
Sharek326 offline

Re: Micro Energy Switch Problem

Thanks for the reply Matt....

After messing around with it for a few hours adding and removing it, I tried adding it via the manual switch and now the numbers are more realistic. 34 Watts. I guess it was just bugged.

Page 1 of 1