Recommendations for Garage Door Control?

Posted on
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Recommendations for Garage Door Control?

My Insteon IO Linc gave up the ghost after surprisingly light use. I'm pretty resistant to just buying another.

I'm curious what other Indigo users have and recommend. I'm not likely to go for a MyQ because I want independence from 3rd party cloud resources.

I'm not resistant to going with straight HomeKit, but would prefer something that can talk directly to Indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:34 am
jalves offline

Re: Recommendations for Garage Door Control?

I use a z-wave controller NGD00Z on mine. Been working well for over a year.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 am
peszko offline

I had the Insteon IO Link, but it would once in a while open the door un-asked. Very bad. I replaced it with FortezZ MIMOLIte IO. Had it now for about 10 months. So far so good.

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:13 pm
CraigM offline

(Sorry for the side question)

If purchasing new garage door opener hardware, are there any brands/models that have Z-Wave built-in, vs having to add a controller module?

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 pm
mundmc offline

Having done IOLinc... going forward, I am using the “8 Channel Relay.” It actually is an 8 channel relay, the air-quotes are because the plugin is named that. It runs over IP. The device has EIGHT triggering inputs and relays, Whereas IOLinc has one trigger and one relay, but costs the same.

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:43 pm
Colly offline

mundmc wrote:
I am using the “8 Channel Relay.” It actually is an 8 channel relay, the air-quotes are because the plugin is named that. It runs over IP. The device has EIGHT triggering inputs and relays,

+1 been using it for the last year and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 am
Different Computers offline

mundmc wrote:
Having done IOLinc... going forward, I am using the “8 Channel Relay.” It actually is an 8 channel relay, the air-quotes are because the plugin is named that. It runs over IP. The device has EIGHT triggering inputs and relays, Whereas IOLinc has one trigger and one relay, but costs the same.

This is tempting, though getting an ethernet drop to my garage door opener is daunting. I'd probably run low voltage wires toward a network drop instead. Anyone managing a wifi to ethernet solution for this hardware?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:17 am
mundmc offline

I THINK there is a wifi board available with the same functionality- might be worth looking in to.

Page 1 of 1