Insteon signals causing interference on LED lights?

Posted on
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:22 pm
P15-D24 offline

Insteon signals causing interference on LED lights?

Building out a mother in law studio and ran into a weird issue today I haven't seen before. Currently use a swithlinc for the outside light and keypad with inlinelincs for bathroom overhead appliance (light, heat, nightlight and fan) I also have two rows of built in LED recessed ceiling lights on standard Leviton dimming light switches. (Not Insteon). Also have a phase coupler installed at the sub-panel on it's own 20 amp breaker. On the sub-panel the LED recessed light are on their own breaker, the bathroom is on another breaker.

When I toggle on any of the functions on the bathroom keypad (Light/fan) I get a flicker in the LED recessed lights. Don't think its a load issue as the recessed LED use about 200 watts total and the bathroom light/fan is around 30 watts. It's like the Insteon signal is causing interference in the LED driver for the recessed lights, or the Leviton dimmer, causing a momentary flicker. Also occurs when I use the switchlinc for outside light.

Any ideas/suggestions as to what is going on and how to resolve the issue?

Running OS X 12.2.1 on 2018 Mac Mini, Indigo 2022.2
http://www.p15-d24.com

Posted on
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 pm
P15-D24 offline

Insteon signals causing interference on LED lights? (Update

Did some more troubleshooting on this today. Then problem is the 2477S switches when wired on the same breaker circuit as the LED lights. Then when I use any Insteon device it causes the interference.

I have two 2477S switches installed and can isolate and duplicate the problem every time. However if I move the 2477S off the same breaker circuit as the LED lights, the interference stops. Really don't want to run a new power line just for this issue so hoping someone has seen it before and has a workaround.

Running OS X 12.2.1 on 2018 Mac Mini, Indigo 2022.2
http://www.p15-d24.com

Page 1 of 1