Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:06 pm
Gman34798 offline

Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Ok, so I have now included several nearby devices with the Z-stick plugged into the USB port. This all goes without a hitch.
Now I need to unplug and add devices that are farther away. I seem to be able to do so, as the blinking indicator shows that the device was added.

When I return to plug the Z-stick back in, boot up Indigo, the device I just added is not listed anywhere.
Am I missing a step (syncing somehow) or something?

If I unplug the Z-stick, return to the device, I can successfully exclude it, according to the LED indicator. It appears that the inclusion/exclusion process is working
but I'm confused as to why anything included doesn't show up in Indigo device browser.

Thanks for any assistance!

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 pm
Gman34798 offline

Re: Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Thanks Lanbrown,
I was able to get it included after reading your post...I just had to select it to add it to Indigo...

Regarding NWI, I understand what it is, but within Indigo, is it used by default?
I'm coming from a Fibaro HCLite controller, and with their interface, I had to select "Use NWI for Inclusion" in order to enable the NWI mode.

I haven't seen Indigo ask for such an option.

Thanks again,
Greg

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm
howartp offline

If you go to Indigo > Interfaces > Zwave > Start Inclusion, that is using NWI.

There's no additional question about using it; it just does by the nature of doing that sequence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1