Door Sensor State Modification

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:47 am
Gman34798 offline

Door Sensor State Modification

Hi all,
I have a z-wave door sensor that indicates the states "On/Off" when Open or Closed, respectively.
Is there a way in Indigo to edit the displayed state such that "Open" or "Closed" is displayed, which would be more appropriate and make more sense.

I'm into the 30 day trial of Indigo, so is this something that cannot be done during trial?

Thanks for any input on this!

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Door Sensor State Modification

It can't currently be changed in the Mac UI, but when you design control pages you can use custom images to show whatever you like. This feature is on the request list for some future version of Indigo but no ETA.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am
autolog offline

There is a way to get the Mac UI to show open or closed using the Adapters plugin which is available in the Indigo Plugin store: Adapters Plugin

This allows you to create a "virtual" device that shadows your real device and can be made to display "Open" and "Closed" in Control Pages or the Mac UI. :)

When creating the new adapters device of Custom Formula Adapter (string result), select your sensor to monitor and then set a formula of 'Closed' if x == 0 else 'Open' and a format of {0} :)

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 am
Gman34798 offline

Thanks for the input guys,
I'll look into that plug-in this afternoon.
I have only been working with Indigo for a couple afternoons and am very impressed with the usability and flexibility of the interface.

Much better than my previous system!

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:51 pm
howartp offline

Gman34798 wrote:
Thanks for the input guys,
I'll look into that plug-in this afternoon.
I have only been working with Indigo for a couple afternoons and am very impressed with the usability and flexibility of the interface.

Much better than my previous system!

You've certainly been busy on the forum! Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm
Gman34798 offline

Thanks Howartp,
I'm trying to learn as much as possible and kick the tires on Indigo during the trial.
So far I love what I am experiencing...I do have 3 Fibaro door sensors that are not willing to play nice so far though.

Hopefully a resolution can be had so I do not have to replace them all!

Page 1 of 1