Aeon DSB05 motion detector failing to turn off

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:46 pm
UrsaGrey offline

Aeon DSB05 motion detector failing to turn off

After the latest Indigo release (7.1.1) two of my three Aeon DSB05 motion detectors started intermittently failing to turn off. Several times a day, they will detect motion (valid) but not ever report status "off" -- even after a long time, like an hour or more. They had been behaving normally for a couple of years prior to this. I do not use humidity, temperature, or luminance features, just plain motion detection. Anyone else have trouble with these? Any ideas for debugging the problem? I have an old z-stick S2.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Aeon DSB05 motion detector failing to turn off

I realize you probably already did this, but have you changed your batteries? I know my Fibaro's will say they are good on battery in Indigo but in reality they have died on me and if you are going two years then it's likely the battery is low and maybe why you aren't getting Off. This exact thing happened to me on mine and I wrote a trigger that forced it off after I got an On to fix the problem until I ordered new batteries for them.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1