Door Locks / Access Control

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am
Fxguy offline

Door Locks / Access Control

What are you using to control door locks / access ? I'm interested in installing an indigo compatible door lock but not sure where to start.

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:35 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Door Locks / Access Control

I went with the Kwikset 910 Z-wave deadbolts with triggers off of rPi's near each door using Karl's PIbeacon plugin to auto unlock when "valid" beacons first approach, suto lock when all beacons expire, and numeric codes from Howartp's Z-Wave lock manager as backup and for repairman and visitor access. I'm told that he Yale Z-waves are mechanically tougher, but since breaking a window is easier that breaking a lock, I decided the Kwiksets were good enough.

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
I went with the Kwikset 910 Z-wave deadbolts [SNIP] but since breaking a window is easier that breaking a lock, I decided the Kwiksets were good enough.

+1

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:20 pm
Fxguy offline

Thanks for the reply! What about the Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot FE469NX ACC 716 CAM LH , any experience with it?

Posted on
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:27 pm
howartp offline

I’ve never used them but Schlage generally seem to be a pain to include and I’ve a report of something not working with my plugin that I’ve not looked into yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1