WallMote Quad

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm
petematheson offline

Re: WallMote Quad

Anybody figured out how to stop it flashing every so often on its own?
Sucks as it can’t be used for bedrooms, and 3 of the ones I bought were planned for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm
howartp offline

What’s your poll frequency set to?

If you turn it down to never, does it stop flashing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 am
CliveS offline

I have set mine to poll once per day to update the battery level (at 14.30) and no grief yet from the Boss as it is her side of the bed

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm
petematheson offline

Ah, so simple. Seems to be working !

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:20 am
steveoidm offline

Just paired mine up but I think i'm missing something. I see the button presses coming through but how do I actually link that to an action?

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:32 am
autolog offline

steveoidm wrote:
Just paired mine up but I think i'm missing something. I see the button presses coming through but how do I actually link that to an action?

Set-up a new trigger: Z-Wave Command Received > Incoming Command Received from Device and then Edit Event settings... and select from the list of different button presses. Then set-up the Action you want to perform. :)

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 am
steveoidm offline

Awesome, got it. Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 am
Suncroft offline

I Recieved 3 of these units recently and while you can do a direct z-wave device association to dim a device I found it to be very fiddly to get an accurate dim/brightness level on the WallMote Quad due to the size of the touch area. I found a better way for me personally was to setup a trigger for single press to toggle my light on/off and then setup another trigger based on button held to use the EPS - Smart Dimmer plugin action to cycle through dim/bright for the light. Thought this may be useful for others who are looking for a way to cycle through dimming and brightening with a single hold action.

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Londonmark offline

Can anyone tell me if these can control more than 4 scenes? Want to be able to do 8 ideally using short and long presses. Will that work via Indigo? I see the earlier post suggesting that a long press is just received by indigo as multiple presses.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:21 pm
petematheson offline

Yes you can.
1 Tap Button 1
2 Tap and Hold Button 1
3 Tap Button 2
4 Tap and Hold Button 2
etc...

Also for those of you with kids, I've set one of the tap and hold button combo's to disable the switch completely ;)

Also, using this method technically gives you 4 actions per button.

Tap Button 1 (If lights are off then switch on)
Tap button 1 (If lights are on then switch off)

Thus gives you a total of 16 actions per Quad button.

My kids have the Dual button in their bedrooms and love them. One tap switches their night light / LED strip on, pulls the blinds down and switches off their main light.

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 am
Londonmark offline

Great. Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 am
ClickCauseLazy offline

How to set up swipe gesture dimming with an Aeotec WallMote Quad & Duet:

Here's some instructions on how to configure swipe dimming and brightening. The WallMote quad requires a direct association to the dimming device (similar to the old Insteon direct control) so that association, which bypasses the Indigo software, needs to be set up in Indigo.
  1. Include the dimmer to the Z-Wave network if not already included.
    • Not all dimmers will respond to directly associated dim and brighten commands.
    • For example Leviton DZPD3-2BW works great, but Eva Logik ZW39 interprets dim/brighten commands as on/off.
  2. Attach a dimmable light/load to the dimmer if not already done.
  3. Include the WallMote Quad into the Z-Wave network by the normal process.
    • For example, Detach the Z-Stick from the USB port, press the include button, then press the button on the back of the WallMote Quad.
  4. In Indigo 7, open, "Manage Associations..." found in "Interfaces" -> "Z-Wave".
  5. Set the "Controlling Device" to the WallMote Quad.
  6. It's probably a good idea to verify the "Controlling Group" 1 is set to the Indigo home automation interface.
  7. Reference the online user manual for the WallMote quad to determine the "Controlling Group" of the desired button.
    • For example top-left dimming button is "Controlling Group" 3, top-right is 5, bottom-left is 7 and bottom right is 9.
  8. Select the desired "Controlling Group"
  9. In "Device to add" select the target dimmer module.
    This one is easy to miss: you need to press the button on the back of the WallMote Quad to "wake it up" and make it receptive to incoming configuration commands.
  10. Immediately after pressing the "wake" button on the WallMote, click the "Add Responding Device" button to program the WallMote with the direct association. I did not need to "wake" or press any buttons on the dimmer device, but your milage may vary.
You're almost there, you just need to enable the swipe gesture on the WallMote.
In Indigo 7, when adding the WallMote, there was a checkbox to turn on the swipe-to-dim gesture. I found I needed to do the following as well:
  1. To ensure the swipe gestures work, Open, "Modify Configuration Parameters..." found in "Interfaces" -> "Z-Wave".
  2. Set the Device to the WallMote Quad.
  3. Enter a Param index of "4" (without quotes) into the Param index field.
  4. Press the button on the back of the WallMote then quickly click the "Read Current Value From Device" button.
    • If it is set to "3" you're done. Close the "Modify Configuration Parameters..." window.
    • If the "Param value" field is not set to "3" you will need to change it, proceed to next step.
  5. Keep the Param size set to 1 byte.
  6. Enter "3" (without quotes) into the Param value field.
  7. Press the button on the back of the WallMote then quickly click the "Save New Value To Device" button.
  8. Confirm the parameter is set to "3" by, once again, pressing the button on the back of the WallMote then quickly click the "Read Current Value From Device" button.
The target dimmer device should now be associated directly to the dimming device, i.e. routing commands directly to the device, not through the Indigo home automation software. If the target dimmer device cannot be dimmed with the WallMote, the dimmer wall-wart, or what have you, may not be capable of correctly interpreting the dim and brighten commands. Try with a different dimming device.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That for putting together all the steps needed for others!