WallMote Quad

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 pm
howartp offline

Re: WallMote Quad

Well of course the correct pronunciation of the letter 'z' is Zed - everyone knows that - but is it the same for z-wave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm
durosity offline

I decree an emphatic yes. And also colour has a U in it. And aluminium has its extra I. And everyone needs to drink tea.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 pm
howartp offline

It's a wonder Indigo doesn't proclaim to work in Home Automaton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
I decree an emphatic yes. And also colour has a U in it. And aluminium has its extra I. And everyone needs to drink tea.

And speak such outlandish English that speech recognition doesn't work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:22 am
durosity offline

Eleven!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:17 am
autolog offline

Just got two of these (quad version) :)

Have successfully sync'd them to Indigo. Indigo has full support for it via Edit device Settings, you can configure:
  • Beep on touch - on/off
  • Vibrate on touch - on/off
  • Allow touch-drag up/down to brighten/dim direct association - on/off
As a Scene Controller, there are three things detected per button (n = 1,2,3,4):
  • Button n pressed
  • button n held down
  • button n released
The dimmer control via sliding the button area only works for associations - not scene control, so Indigo can't see this action.

Compared with the ZRC-90 it is a bit limited, more expensive and has less buttons!
On the plus side, it has a rechargeable battery, better looks than the ZRC-90 (IMHO), vibration and audio feedback.

My WallMotes are on the latest firmware v1.08.

Aeotec Info: WallMote

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 am
Turribeach offline

CliveS wrote:
Sorry missed this first time round, yes I have one.
Was going to buy when Vesternet had them at around 50 pounds, then they withdrew them and 4 months later they reappear at 80 odd pounds...
Anyway I bought one, not that impressed really.
It has a habit of talking to the controller and seems every time it does it flashes the + LED's yellow so as I was going to put them next to the bed that got a big fat zero from the other half, she was not impressed with it flashing all night.
I was going to put 5v into them permanently but when you charge them they will not talk to the controller. The only way I can see of doing it is to take the usb cables to a wall wart and plug that into a TBK switch that gets turned on when the WallMote hits say 60% and charge for 2 hours and turn off as you will not be able to see when it reaches 100%.
I cannot seem to get the dimming to work so set it to tap once for 25%, then tap again for 50% then tap once more for 100% on switch 1 and turn off on switch 3 press.
As I have it controlling a Hue bulb I can use Nathan's excellent Hue plugin and ramp to 25>50>100 over 5 seconds.
CliveS

Thanks Clive, that's very useful. I think you are on the same page as me. It looks like no one has the product we want. I am going to write an email to Aeotec to see if I can pass on the requirement. Basically what we seem to want, I think, it's a touch panel like the WallMote Duo with an integrated dimmer. The switch should be wired and fixed to the wall. Tapping and sliding should be supported. The dimmer should react to the tapping and sliding instantly. Is that what you want?

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm
CliveS offline

What I really want is to be able to power it at all times like the multi sensor 6, also when syncing it refuses to change Touch LED color - "Syncing - failed to retrieve parameter 5 "Touch LED color" (skipping)"

CliveS
Last edited by CliveS on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am
fishmg01 offline

Hi,
I've just bought one of these and included in my network, and started getting things going, but have a couple of questions:
1. could you take me through how you got the dimmer control via sliding the button to work?
2. I'm a little confused about the "button released" command. It seems to me that anytime you press the button or hold down the button, by necessity you also must subsequently "release" the button when you take you finger off it. So how do you deal with that?

Thanks!

autolog wrote:
Just got two of these (quad version) :)

Have successfully sync'd them to Indigo. Indigo has full support for it via Edit device Settings, you can configure:
  • Beep on touch - on/off
  • Vibrate on touch - on/off
  • Allow touch-drag up/down to brighten/dim direct association - on/off
As a Scene Controller, there are three things detected per button (n = 1,2,3,4):
  • Button n pressed
  • button n held down
  • button n released
The dimmer control via sliding the button area only works for associations - not scene control, so Indigo can't see this action.

Compared with the ZRC-90 it is a bit limited, more expensive and has less buttons!
On the plus side, it has a rechargeable battery, better looks than the ZRC-90 (IMHO), vibration and audio feedback.

My WallMotes are on the latest firmware v1.08.

Aeotec Info: WallMote

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:04 am
autolog offline

fishmg01 wrote:
1. could you take me through how you got the dimmer control via sliding the button to work?
2. I'm a little confused about the "button released" command. It seems to me that anytime you press the button or hold down the button, by necessity you also must subsequently "release" the button when you take you finger off it. So how do you deal with that?

Answers :) :
  1. Sliders don't work directly with Indigo. What you can do is associate the button with a dimmable Z-Wave device (e.g. lamp). You do this via the main menu: Z-Wave > Manage Associations.... Select the WallMote as the controlling device, select the required group by referring to the Association table of the control buttons in the manual i.e. Group 5 is button 2 dimmer control (i.e. sliding), then Device to Add to Group is whatever z-wave device you want to control e.g a dimmable lamp. You will have to wakeup the WallMote when you click the Add Responding Device button.
  2. While you hold a button down, Indigo receives a continuous stream of button held down z-wave commands, when you let go Indigo receives the button released command. This can be used in various ways. For example my LIFX plugin supports a button such as this - see this LIFX tip on Brightening & Dimming for how it works. Obviously you could also set up your own triggers to do whatever you want.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am
fishmg01 offline

thanks - very helpful.
What would you suggest if I want to control multiple dimmable devices as a group?
Is it possible to create a dummy z-wave dimmer device, associate that with the Quad dimmer, and then use "match brightness" command to control each of the individual lights?
Or is it possible to directly associate a group of devices with the slider?

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:13 pm
autolog offline

I don't think you can do a dummy Z-Wave device.

Associations work independently of Indigo (other than the setup). This means that the WallMote is talking directly to a real Z-Wave dimmable device without any reference to Indigo.

I haven't tried multiple devices but I think you can associate more than one to an Association Group - the Indigo UI infers this just by selecting another device and doing another Add in the Association dialogue. :)

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 pm
petematheson offline

I've bought about 5 of these now!
One issue I'm seeing with all of the Quad's is that it doesn't retrieve Parameter 5? See below.

Z-Wave Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved parameter 4 "Scene type" is 1
Z-Wave Syncing - device "062 - Basic Wall Controller" parameter 4 "Scene type" changed to 1 (was 1)
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved parameter 1 "Beep on touch" is true
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved parameter 2 "Vibrate on touch" is true
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved parameter 3 "Allow touch-drag up/down to brighten/dim direct associations" is true
Z-Wave Syncing - failed to retrieve parameter 5 "Touch LED color" (skipping)
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved battery level of 76%
Z-Wave Syncing - created device "062 - WallMote Quad (ZW130)"

Posted on
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, the one I have has that parameter but I think they removed it in more recent firmware versions.

Posted on
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 pm
zini offline

I have 4 of them and I've seen the same thing...skips the touch LED color option. Otherwise, seems to work fine.

Mark