Find reference to missing device in Device Group?

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 am
Different Computers offline

Find reference to missing device in Device Group?

I'm getting this error:
Code: Select all
Virtual Devices Error           Error #943: Device '339497205' not found in active map. Report  to support.

Seems the device is gone. When I search for that device ID, no results. One of the devices intended to be in the group is, maybe named the same as a device I deleted and recreated after I made the group.

So my problem is that the Group lists devices by name, and the log is giving me a device ID.

Any way to figure out what device is the prob without removing things one by one from the Group?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Find reference to missing device in Device Group?

If you really don't have a device by that ID, just edit the device group and save it. Only the devices selected in the list (which will not include a device that doesn't exist) will be saved.

Generally, when a device is deleted that's in a group, the group is updated. There is apparently a periodic race condition in which the device deletion isn't received (possibly at an anticipated time) by the virtual device interface, so it doesn't successfully get removed. We've been trying to figure it out for a long while now, but it's so far been impossible to recreate the exact conditions that cause this particular issue. Fortunately, it's a relatively harmless error and easily fixed by manual intervention. At this point, I'm still trying to decide if removing it at the time of the error is the appropriate response.

One thing that might help: do you remember deleting a device that was part of the group recently?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Find reference to missing device in Device Group?

My problem with recalling is that the group itself is one that I had let languish--it hadn't been part of any triggers or schedules for a while.

So it was set up months ago, then left not in use, and several devices have changed since then.

Your tips are helpful though, thanks.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1